Investigator: Health Care Cases (Ref #: OHSC 7/2021)
Salary: An all-inclusive salary package of R869 007 per annum (basic salary consists of 70% or 76% of the total package, States contribution to the Government Employee Pension Fund (13% of basic salary) and a flexible portion). The flexible portion can be structured according to OHSC guidelines.
- A bachelor’s degree or Post Basic Diploma in the Health Science field.
- Current registration with the relevant professional health council/body.
- A postgraduate qualification in a medical field, law or health care quality assurance would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the health care field in a health facility of which 3 years must have been at a junior management level.
- Proficiency in more than one African language is required.
- Experience in complaints investigations, case management or medico-legal investigations in a health environment would be an added advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving, decision making, communication (written and verbal) and conflict resolution skills.
- Report writing and complaints handing skills.
- Willingness to work outside the normal working hours and under pressure.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Support the complaints investigation framework and strategy.
- Quality assure early resolution of complaint reports.
- Confirm and plan health care investigations.
- Conduct investigations into high and extreme risk rated health care complaints.
- Produce and submit investigation reports.
- Close out investigations.
Closing Date: 26 JULY 2021
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Mr M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 942 7839/7808
PLEASE NOTE: A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above posts. Applications should be submitted on line at www.ohsc.org.za .Kindly attach all relevant documentation as well as a CV in which experience is comprehensively detailed. Originally certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), ID and drivers licence (where applicable) must be attached where requested. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed, posted, hand delivered or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.