Director: Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (Ref #: (Ref no: OHSC 10/2019))
Salary: consists of 70% of the total package, state’s contribution to the Government Employee Pension Fund (13% of basic salary) and a flexible portion. The flexible portion of the package can be structured according to OHSC guidelines.
• We are seeking a candidate with at least five (5) years’ work experience at a middle or senior management level in planning, monitoring and evaluation preferably in health programmes
• An undergraduate qualification (NQF 7) in Social Sciences, Monitoring, and Evaluation, Public Administration/Management or in a financial or related field
• A postgraduate qualification in public health or related qualification would be an advantage
• Experience must include developing and overseeing systems in data collection and validation
• Experience in quality assurance will be an added advantage
• Extensive knowledge of health-related software packages and strong quantitative and qualitative research skills
• Knowledge of health programmes implementation
• Strong data and analytical skills • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and a strong commitment to excellence will be required
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with deadlines
• Build a collaborative, positive and inclusive team culture
• Creative and strong problem-solving skills and strategically minded • Knowledge of strategic planning, facilitation and coordination.
• Develop a strategic information management unit for the Office of Health Standards Compliance
• Develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation strategy
• Work with OHSC teams to conduct data analysis and interpretation of OHSC Inspection results, complaints, and investigation data, as well as research data
• Ensure improvement and continuation of the highest quality inspections, complaints data collection and highest rigor of analysis
• Devise strategies to interpret, package and disseminate results to different stakeholders
• Assist in preparing and developing monthly, quarterly and annual program performance reports for OHSC and other reports as required
• Support knowledge management and provide leadership in monitoring and evaluation and ensure collaboration with other units and support of all OHSC activities to fulfill the mandate of the Office
• Identify systemic weaknesses and develop strategies to strengthen OHSC data management processes and planning processes to ensure alignment to strategic goals of the OHSC
• Work collaboratively with all OHSC units to execute the long-term vision for all planning and strategic functions
• Identify and implement key areas of strategic innovation in planning and strategy
• Build and reinforce a culture of excellence and responsiveness
• Perform other related duties as required.
Closing Date: 23 December 2019
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Mr M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 942 7839/7808
Please Note: A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above posts as well as a competency assessment where applicable. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance, hand delivered applications may be submitted to reception at the OHSC building, No 79 Steve Biko Road, Prinshof, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications may be submitted to Private Bag X 21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications should be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV in which previous experience is comprehensively detailed. Originally certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), ID and proof of relevant registration must be attached. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. The OHSC will not be liable where candidates use incorrect/no reference number on their applications. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.