Director: Health System, Data Analysis and Research (OHSC 12/2020) (Ref #: OHSC 12/2020)
Salary: An all-inclusive remuneration package of R 1 057 326 per annum (basic salary consists of 70% of the total package), employer’s contribution to the Government Employee Pension Fund (13% of basic salary) and a flexible portion. The flexible portion of the package can be structured according to OHSC guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Health.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the health service as a clinical service provider directly responsible for patient care.
- A minimum of 5 years in middle/ senior management in health services.
- A degree in Biostatistics will serve as an advantage.
- A relevant Master’s degree or Ph.D. will also serve as an advantage.
- Experience in managing research including qualitative and quantitative research experience, in particular epidemiological research, and/or in healthcare risk measurement and profiling would serve as an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal communication, analytical and report writing skills.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Develop and implement a health information framework for data collection analysis and report on health standards.
- Manage the health establishments register, database and co-ordination of health standards research.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of a Research Strategy for the OHSC.
- Planning and execution of operational research as it relates to the work of the OHSC.
- Manage the early warning system, collection, collation, analysis, and interpretation of information on health establishment performance and risk.
- Manage the collection, collation, analysis, and interpretation of reports on health establishments’ compliance and complaints.
- Analyse health system information and key challenges.
- Manage health system information, knowledge and business intelligence sharing regarding compliance with the standards and issuing of recommendations.
- Publication of findings in peer-reviewed journals.
- Collaborate with the monitoring and evaluation unit within the OHSC to monitor the performance of the various programmes.
- General management of staff and resources.
- Manage risk and audit queries in the area of work.
Closing Date: 1 June 2020
Enquiries: Ms. L Mashiane or Mr. M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 942 7839/7808
PLEASE NOTE: a practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for all the above posts as well as a competency assessment where relevant. Applications should be submitted on line at www.ohsc.org.za. Kindly upload the documents as requested on-line. Ensure that your CV provides comprehensive details pertaining to previous experience. Certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), ID, driver’s licence and proof of registration are required to be uploaded. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed, e-mailed or hand delivered applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with requirements will not be considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. Candidates called to an interview will be informed at the time of setting up the interview, if a practical test will form part of the selection process. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.