Director: Governance, Board Secretariat and Legal Services (Ref #: (Ref no: OHSC 11/2019))
Salary: Salary: An all-inclusive remuneration package of R 1 057 326 per annum (basic salary consisting of 70% of the total package with the equivalent of the State’s contribution to the GEPF (13% of basic salary). The flexible portion of the package can be structured according to OHSC guidelines
• A Bachelor’s degree in Law
• An additional qualification related to Company Secretariat will be an advantage
• Registration with the Chartered Secretaries of Southern Africa (CSSA) is recommended but is not a must
• At least 8 years’ experience which must include a combination of experience in Governance, Board Secretariat services and the provision of legal support functions
• Of the 8 years’ experience at least 5 years’ must have been on a middle management level
• A valid drivers license is required
• Experience in providing Board support within a regulatory environment or entity in the health sector will be an added advantage
• Knowledge and competence in business administration, compliance management, corporate governance and drafting of agreements would be preferred.
• Manage and provide secretariat services and administrative and related support activities to the OHSC Board and Committees Develop and ensure the application of a framework for legal and regulatory compliance across the OHSC
• Ensure that the legal and reputational risk of the OHSC is mitigated and controlled
• Provide a legal advisory and support function to the OHSC
• Manage human resources, financial and procurement plans and processes within the unit.
Closing Date: 23 December 2019
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Mr M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 942 7839/7808
Please Note: A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above posts as well as a competency assessment where applicable. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance, hand delivered applications may be submitted to reception at the OHSC building, No 79 Steve Biko Road, Prinshof, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications may be submitted to Private Bag X 21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications should be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV in which previous experience is comprehensively detailed. Originally certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), ID and proof of relevant registration must be attached. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. The OHSC will not be liable where candidates use incorrect/no reference number on their applications. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.