Director: Compliance Inspectorate (Ref #: (Ref no: OHSC 20/2020))
Salary: Salary: An all-inclusive remuneration package of R 1 057 326 per annum (basic salary consists of 70% of the total package, Employer’s contribution to the Government Employee Pension Fund (13% of basic salary) and a flexible portion). The flexible portion of the package can be structured according to OHSC guidelines.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences
• A current practicing certificate with the relevant body/council
• A postgraduate qualification in Public Health, Quality Management or Clinical Care would be an advantage
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience in health service delivery (preferably in hospitals and clinics in the public and private sector) which must include quality assurance
• At least five (5) of the eight (8) years’ experience must have been at the middle management or equivalent level and must have included
the management of staff
• Knowledge of the regulated Norms and Standards for health establishments
• Excellent communication, conflict management, staff management, problem-solving and computer skills
• Must have an eye for detail and analytical skills
• Excellent skills in report writing
• Willingness to travel extensively and work long and irregular hours
• A valid driver’s license.
• Develop and manage the framework and strategy for compliance inspections
• Direct and monitor the development and maintenance of plans and schedules for inspecting health establishments
• Direct, monitor and oversee the compilation of inspection information including inspection findings
• Prepare and guide quality inspection documentation and reports by analysing and summarising inspection information and notices of compliance
• Analyse and interpret inspection data in order to identify trends and overall compilation of inspection reports
• Assist in training, coaching, and certification of Inspectors
• Coordinate and manage the Compliance Inspectorate unit
• Analyse inspection data to identify areas of improvement in the healthcare system
• Plan, coordinate, and manage the compliance inspectorate workforce and other resources in accordance with OHSC policies.
Closing Date: 31 August 2020 at 16:00
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Mr M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 942 7839/7808
PLEASE NOTE: A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above posts. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance, hand delivered applications may be submitted to reception at the OHSC building, No 79 Steve Biko Road, Prinshof, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications may be submitted to Private Bag X 21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications should be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV in which previous experience is comprehensively detailed. Originally certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), ID and proof of relevant registration must be attached. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. The OHSC will not be liable where candidates use incorrect /no reference number on their applications. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.