Deputy Director: Compliance Inspections (OHSC 14/2020) (Ref #: OHSC 14/2020)
Salary: An all-inclusive salary package of R869 007 per annum (basic salary consists of 70% or 76% of the total package), employer’s contribution to the Government Employee Pension Fund (13% of basic salary) and a flexible portion. The flexible portion can be structured according to OHSC guidelines.
- A degree or postgraduate diploma in the health sciences field.
- A current practicing certificate with the relevant body/council.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Assistant Director/Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in direct patient care (Primary Health Care and/or Hospital care).
- Knowledge of the implementation of the Regulated Norms and Standards for health establishments.
- Experience in managing projects will be an advantage.
- Skills required: computer literacy (word, excel and PowerPoint), report writing, problem-solving, decision making, communication (written and verbal) and conflict resolution.
- Must be prepared to travel extensively and very frequently and willingness to work outside the normal working hours.
- A valid driver’s license
- Overseeing the inspection process including recommendations on the certification process.
- Manage and capacitate Inspectors and other employees.
- Engagement in the development of inspection tools.
- Ensure adherence to the National Health Act and Procedural Regulations.
- Manage and account for the use of resources. Manage and mitigate risks.
- Provide support on the compilation of the inspection strategy, annual performance plans and operational plans, policies, standard operating procedures, and guidelines.
- Coordinate and report on the inspectorate human resource capacity, capability and performance management.
- Coordinate the inspectorate/ team budget plans
Closing Date: 1 June 2020
Enquiries: Ms. L Mashiane or Mr. M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 942 7839/7808
PLEASE NOTE: a practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for all the above posts as well as a competency assessment where relevant. Applications should be submitted on line at www.ohsc.org.za. Kindly upload the documents as requested on-line. Ensure that your CV provides comprehensive details pertaining to previous experience. Certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), ID, driver’s licence and proof of registration are required to be uploaded. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed, e-mailed or hand delivered applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with requirements will not be considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. Candidates called to an interview will be informed at the time of setting up the interview, if a practical test will form part of the selection process. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.