Compliance Inspector: Clinical (Medical Specialist) (Ref #: OHSC7/2018)
Salary: Grade 1: R1 051 368 â€“ R1 115 874 per annum (all-inclusive package), Grade 2: R1 202 112 â€“ R1 275 885 per annum (all-inclusive package), Grade 3: R1 395 105 â€“ R1 744 191 per annum (all-inclusive package).
- Experience in clinical governance and quality assurance and/or interpretation and use of health
information for evaluation and reporting would be an advantage.
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Â Must be prepared to travel frequently and extensively and will be required to undergo training and accreditation as an Inspector.
- Â Valid driverâ€™s licence.
- MBChB and appropriate qualification that allows registration with HPCSA as a Medical Specialist in Public Health, Family Medicine or any other Specialist discipline
- Appropriate experience as a Specialist.
- MBChB and appropriate qualification that allows registration with HPCSA as Medical Specialist in Public Health, Family Medicine or any other Specialist discipline
- 5 yearsâ€™ experience as a Medical Specialist after registration with the HPCSA as Medical Specialist.
- MBChB and appropriate qualification that allows registration with the HPCSA as Medical Specialist in Public Health, Family Medicine or any other Specialist discipline.
- 10 yearsâ€™ experience as a Medical Specialist after registration with the HPCSA as Medical Specialist.
- Current registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as a Specialist is required.
- Provide technical assistance to the Inspectorate, Compliance and Certification Units â€¢ Coordinate the planning,
preparation and execution of inspections in health establishments.
- Provide oversight to inspection activities and ensure coordinated execution.
- Guide inspection teams in health establishments with a focus on the clinical aspects.
- Identify high-risk situations in health establishments and guide inspection and investigation teams on appropriate measures.
- Ensure the production of high-quality and complete inspection and investigation reports, including recommendations for corrective action and enforcement.
- Contribute to the institutional development and practices enhancement focused on clinical aspects of quality for the OHSC.
- Work with other OHSC units to maintain effective systems for good quality data collected during inspections.
- Establish a quality review process of generated inspection reports to ensure high-quality stan.
Closing Date: 14 September 2018
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Ms A Louw, at tel: (012) 339 8699/8687
PLEASE NOTE: A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above post as well as a competency assessment where relevant. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms. L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance, hand-delivered applications may be submitted to reception at: the MRC building, No 1 Soutpansberg Road, Princehoff, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications may be submitted to: Private Bag X21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications should be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV in which previous experience is comprehensively detailed. Originally certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), service certificates, proof of registration with a body/council, ID and driverâ€™s licence must be attached. It is the applicantâ€™s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not beÂ considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondenceÂ will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. The OHSC will not be liable where candidates use incorrect /no reference numbers on their applications. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.