Complaints Officers (4 Posts) (Ref #: Ref no: OHSC 2/2020)
Salary: R 257 508 per annum (plus applicable benefits)
• A three-year bachelor’s degree/three-year diploma/National Diploma in Health Sciences, Public Relations/Public Health or related field
• At least 2 years’ experience in a healthcare delivery, direct patient care related environment or a health regulatory environment with demonstratable experience in complaints handling or customer service
• Proficiency in English and additional two South African official languages
• A certificate in Customer Care, Call Centre, Total Quality Management or related field would be an advantage
• Excellent communication and conflict handling skills
• Willingness to work outside of normal working hours
• Excellent communication (Listening and questioning), problem-solving, conflict handling skills, telephone etiquette, decision-making initiative and computer skills.
• Receive, register and address all complaints, alerts or inquiries in the OHSC Complaints Management System
• Manage the resolution or transfer of healthcare complaints
• Administer the identification of complaints needing referral to other bodies
• Manage and maintain the OHSC Complaints Management database.
Closing Date: 17 February 2020 at 16:00
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Mr M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 942 7839/7808
A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above posts. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance, hand delivered applications may be submitted to reception at the OHSC building, No 79 Steve Biko Road, Prinshof, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications may be submitted to Private Bag X 21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications should be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV in which previous experience is comprehensively detailed. Originally certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), ID and proof of relevant registration must be attached. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. The OHSC will not be liable where candidates use incorrect /no reference number on their applications. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.