ASSISTANT DIRECTORS: HEALTH STANDARDS DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT, GUIDANCE AND TRAINING (2 POSTS) (Ref #: OHSC 3/2019)
Salary: R444 693 per annum (plus applicable benefits)
- A Bachelorâ€™s Degree or three year Diploma/National Diploma in a Health Sciences field.
- Current registration with the relevant body/council.
- A minimum of 5 yearsâ€™ experience in health care or health care education, training and development.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and computer literacy skills.
- Report writing, analytical assessment and evaluation skills.
- Willingness to work outside normal hours.
- A post graduate qualification in public health, policy, law, health services management, education, trainingÂ and development or a related field would be an advantage.
- Experience working in standardsÂ development, managed healthcare, risk management, quality management, tertiary education or research will be an added advantage.
- A valid driverâ€™s license.
- Drafting and implementation of the management framework for the design and development of health standards, guidance and training.
- Development of guidance materials for the implementation of norms and standards including training tool-kits. Drafting, and consultation on health standards and relevant inspection tools.
- Provision of guidance and information on the implementation of health standards and the interpretation of inspection tools.
- Receiving and collation of queries relating to the health standards, including identification of frequently asked questions, and development of related documents.
- Provide support and capacity development in accreditation of OHSC Compliance Inspectors, Complaints AssessorsÂ and Investigators.
- Provide administrative support to the unit and production of programmeÂ performance reports
Closing Date: 11 FEBRUARY 2019
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Mr M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 339 8699/8692
PLEASE NOTE:Â This is a re-advertisement of the posts advertised with reference number (OHSC 13/2018). Candidates who previously applied may re-apply if they are still interested in the posts. A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above post as well as a competency assessment where relevant. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms. L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance, hand-delivered applications may be submitted to reception at: the MRC building, No 1 Soutpansberg Road, Princehoff, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications may be submitted to: Private Bag X21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications should be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV in which previous experience is comprehensively detailed. Originally certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), service certificates, proof of registration with a body/council, ID and driverâ€™s licence must be attached. It is the applicantâ€™s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not beÂ considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondenceÂ will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. The OHSC will not be liable where candidates use incorrect /no reference numbers on their applications. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.