ASSISTANT DIRECTORS: COMPLAINTS CENTRE AND ASSESSMENT (12 MONTH CONTRACT POST) (Ref #: OHSC 2/2019)
Salary: R444 693 per annum (plus 37% in lieu of benefits)
- A three-year Bachelorâ€™s Degree or three year Diploma/National Diploma in the Health Sciences field. Current registration with the relevant professional body/council.
- A postgraduate qualification in Healthcare or Quality Assurance will serve as an added advantage.
- A minimum of a three (3) yearsâ€™ experience in the healthcare field.
- Experience in managing healthcare quality and/or services will serve as an added advantage.
- Knowledge of customer service, healthcare statutes and health standards.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Computer and report writing skills.
- A valid driverâ€™s license.
- Review all complaints that are received and delegated for assessment.
- Screen all complaints assigned for assessment according to Procedural Regulation in place.
- Request the relevant regulatory bodies/health establishments to further handle complainants as referred.
- Follow-up with other entities on all complaints referred.
- Follow-up with complaints to determine whether their complaints have been resolved and/or whether they are satisfied with the outcome of resolution process.
- Liaise with Compliance Inspections, Early Warning System (EWS) on complaint resolutions that need to be verified in the inspection process.
- Ensure completeness and timeous submission of screening plans and assessment reports.
Closing Date: 11 FEBRUARY 2019
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Mr M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 339 8699/8692
PLEASE NOTE: This is a re-advertisement of the post advertised with reference number (OHSC 9/2018). Candidates who previously applied may re-apply if they are still interested in the post. A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above post as well as a competency assessment where relevant. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms. L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance, hand-delivered applications may be submitted to reception at: the MRC building, No 1 Soutpansberg Road, Princehoff, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications may be submitted to: Private Bag X21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications should be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV in which previous experience is comprehensively detailed. Originally certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), service certificates, proof of registration with a body/council, ID and driverâ€™s licence must be attached. It is the applicantâ€™s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not beÂ considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondenceÂ will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. The OHSC will not be liable where candidates use incorrect /no reference numbers on their applications. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.