Assistant Director: Network Administrator (Ref #: OHSC 5/2023)
Salary: R491 403 (plus applicable benefits)
- A three-year Bachelor’s degree /National Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology
- At least 3 years’ experience in Local Area Network (LAN), Wider Area Network (WAN) and Firewall administration (Palo Alto)
- Experience must also include network management and monitoring tools, WAN and bandwidth optimisation and telephony management i.e. PABX and VOIP and Firewall
- Knowledge of troubleshooting for WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, unified communications
- Problem-solving and conflict handling skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Network certification in Cisco would be an advantage.
- Design, deploy and maintain LAN, WAN, Firewall and telephony systems
- Implement and manage network security e.g. Firewall
- Administer and manage shared resources e.g. network printers
- Manage the domain controller
- Manage and maintain virus protection software to keep data and communications protected
- Manage, maintain and test backups of systems and WAN redundancy
- Monitor and maintain network performance and report on uptimes of system on monthly basis
- Provide technical support and assistance to users on all technologies and applications
- Compile manuals and procedures for various applications.
Closing Date: 13 February 2023 ((NO ONLINE APPLICATIONS ALLOWED))
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Mr M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 942 7839/7808
((NO ONLINE APPLICATIONS ALLOWED)) Please Note: A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above posts. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance. Hand delivered applications must be submitted to reception at the OHSC building, no 79 Steve Biko Road, Prinshof, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications must be sent to Private Bag x21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications must be submitted on form Z83 obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a comprehensive and detailed CV as well as certified copies of qualification certificates, including matric, ID, drivers’ licence and registration certificate (where applicable). It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed, e-mailed or online applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. Candidate(s) will be subjected to various vetting processes.