Assistant Director: Inspections (Ref #: OHSC/12/2018)
Salary: R444 693 per annum (plus applicable benefits)
- A degree or diploma in the health sciences field
- Current registration with the relevant body/council
- A post basic qualification in operating theatre, critical care nursing science or advanced midwifery
- The incubent should have been in a supervisory role for at least 2 years
- A minimum of 5 yearsâ€™ experience in direct patient care as a health professional (PHC and/or Hospital care)
- Experience in training of health care professionals, project management and knowledge of related Act and regulation would be an added advantage
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be prepared to travel extensively and very frequently as required and will be expected to undergo training and accreditation as an Inspector
- A valid driverâ€™s license.
- Planning for inspections and re-inspections
- Conduct inspections and re-inspection visits to health establishments
- Validate and complete inspection reports and recommendations
- Participate in training and contribute to development and evaluation
- Manage and account for the use of resources
- Manage and mitigate risks.
Closing Date: 22 October 2018
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Mr M Mavotsho, tel. (012) 339 8699/8692
PLEASE NOTE: A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above post as well as a competency assessment where relevant. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms. L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance, hand-delivered applications may be submitted to reception at: the MRC building, No 1 Soutpansberg Road, Princehoff, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications may be submitted to: Private Bag X21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications should be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV in which previous experience is comprehensively detailed. Originally certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), service certificates, proof of registration with a body/council, ID and driverâ€™s licence must be attached. It is the applicantâ€™s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not beÂ considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondenceÂ will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. The OHSC will not be liable where candidates use incorrect /no reference numbers on their applications. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.