Assistant Director: Finance and Accounting (Ref #: OHSC9/2017)
Salary: R417 552 per annum (plus applicable benefits)
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree/National diploma in Financial Management, Financial Accounting or a related field
- At least 5 years experience in financial management or accounting of which 3 years should have been in a supervisory capacity
- Completed articles will be an advantage
- Experience must include budgets, expenditure control and salary administration
- Experience in Pastel Accounting and Caseware is essential
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, Government planning processes and Generally Recognised Accounting Practices (GRAP)
- Good communication skills
- Computer and report writing skills
- A valid driverâ€™s licence.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Contribute to the compilation of OHSCâ€™s budget plans and annual financial statements
- Manage accounts payable processes and creditors administration
- Completion of all the National Treasuryâ€™s quarterly and annual templates
- Implement internal controls in the Finance unit
- Processing of financial transactions and information on the system
- Management of designated staff and performance assessments
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
Closing Date: 27 November 2017
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Ms A Louw, at tel: (012) 339 8699/8687
PLEASE NOTE: A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above post as well as a competency assessment where relevant. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms. L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance.Â Hand-delivered applications may be submitted to reception at: the MRC building, No 1 Soutpansberg Road, Princehoff, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications may be submitted to: Private Bag X 21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications should be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV in which previous experience is comprehensively detailed. Originally certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), service certificates, proof of registration with a body/council, ID and driverâ€™s licence must be attached. It is the applicantâ€™s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not beÂ considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondenceÂ will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. The OHSC will not be liable where candidates use incorrect /no reference numbers on their applications. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.