Assistant Director: Compliance Inspections (3 Posts) (Ref #: OHSC 7/2023)
Salary: R491 403 per annum (plus applicable benefits)
• A degree or diploma in the health sciences field
• A current practicing certificate with the relevant body/council
• At least five (5) years’ experience in health care services, direct patient care, quality assurance/improvement and/or inspection processes
• Must have an understanding and knowledge of inspection of health facilities
• At least six (6) – twelve (12) months experience in conduction of inspections will be an added advantage
• Supervisory experience will be an added advantage.
Computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), report writing, problem-solving, decision making, communication (written and verbal) and conflict resolution
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Must be prepared to travel extensively and very frequently and willingness to work outside the normal working hours
• A valid driver’s license.
• Planning for inspections and re-inspections
• Conduct inspections and re-inspection visits to health establishments
• Validate and complete inspection reports and recommendations
• Participate in the orientation and training of other employees
• Manage and account for the use of resources
• Manage and mitigate risks.
Closing Date: 20 March 2023 ((NO ONLINE APPLICATIONS ALLOWED))
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Mr M Mavotsho at telephone numbers: (012) 942 7839/7808
This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who previously applied (reference no: OHSC 26/2022) for the posts need not reapply as their applications will still be considered. A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above posts. Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance. Hand delivered applications should be submitted to reception at the OHSC building, no 79 Steve Biko Road, Prinshof, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications should be sent to Private Bag x21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications must be submitted on form Z83 obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV in which experience is comprehensively detailed as well as certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), ID, driver’s license and registration certificate (where applicable). It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed, e-mailed or online applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered. The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.